Below you will find answers to questions we frequently receive. Orthopedic patients at Kentucky Bone & Joint Surgeons in Lexington, Kentucky find this information helpful. Should you need further assistance, please call us at (859) 276-5008 and we will happily answer your questions.
Most patients do not require a referral. If your insurance is an HMO/managed care plan and you are required to obtain a referral from your primary care physician, the referral must be obtained before you can be seen for an office visit. Please coordinate this with your primary care physician in advance.
Appointments will be rescheduled if required referrals are not received in the office by the time of your visit. Our staff will be happy to help you determine if this is necessary before your appointment.
- Registration paperwork: New patients and patients not seen in the last 12 months will need to bring completed registration forms, which are typically mailed the week before your appointment. If you did not receive paperwork, you can download the forms.
- Photo ID
- Insurance card(s)
- Copies of any imaging (MRI, CT, X-ray) studies and the radiology report
- Notes from any previous treatment or providers for current issue
- Anthem BCBS
- Bluegrass Family Health / Baptist Health Plan
- Most Medicare Advantage plans (except for Anthem Medicare)
- Workers’ Comp (carrier info, claim number, and date of injury required)
If your insurance plan requires you to pay a co-payment, co-insurance, and/or a deductible, you will need to pay at the time of your visit. For your convenience we accept cash, checks, Visa, MasterCard, and Discover.
- Monday – Thursday: 8 am – 5 pm
- Friday: 8 am – 4:30 pm
- Alternating Wednesdays: 1 pm – 4:30 pm